HBOT Improves Immunity
Hyperbaric oxygen (HBOT) is an essential therapy for numerous conditions, including improving the immune system. HBOT kills bacteria and may be virucidal, in that it may protect against viruses as well. It improves overall health by boosting white blood cell function, helping repair and regrow tissue and decreasing inflammation. Numerous studies have also demonstrated that patients with Long-Covid experience a significant improvement in their symptoms, including fatigue, brain-fog and shortness of breath. Thus, our patients are continuing to receive the healing power of hyperbarics, and we will continue to provide health services.
Bay Area Hyperbarics has always been committed to maintaining the highest level of cleanliness in our offices. That said, in light of the current pandemic, we’re adding some key policies to protect the health of our patients and staff.
Key measures we are taking
- Even though the State of California and Santa Clara County have relaxed mask mandates in general, they continue to require the use of masks in medical facilities, including ours. In addition, we continue to follow the following policies to keep patients and staff safe:Screening patients to ensure none have any flu-like symptoms
- Asking all patients staff to remain home if they at all feel sick
- Placing hand sanitizer throughout the office
- Requiring that staff wear gloves and wash hands upon entering the office and before engaging with each patient
- Performing extra cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and areas where patients engage
- Requiring that our staff stays home or leaves work at the first signs of illness
Additional measures you can take
While we have all become aware of practices we should follow to stay healthy during this time, we continue to recommend these tips:
- Wash your hands often, scrubbing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before rinsing
- Regularly disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Stay home if you feel sick or show any flu-like symptoms
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your face, including your mouth, eyes and nose with your hands, especially if you have touched anything after washing your hands
We are here to help you during this difficult time. We remain committed to supporting the wellness of our patients and staff by taking these safety precautions seriously, and offering treatments that enhance your immunity. Be well!